Scheduling An Inspection
Requests for Inspections may now be made online through our secure portal.
Once you create a logon ID and password, you will be able to track your project, receive immediate email notifications of status changes, and schedule your inspection. Please keep your LogonID and Password in a secure location! You will need this to access your project.
You may begin to enter your project information at any time and will be assigned a project number upon initial entry. However your submittal will not be received by this office for review until the application is complete, the appropriate fee has been submitted, and the plans and specifications are attached or received.
Avoiding Inspection Delays
If you would like to avoid inspection delays, please read the following:
- Submit your request for an inspection two to three weeks in advance of the desired date using the OSFM-IMS.
- The following documents must be on site at the time of inspection:
- Original stamped set of plans (reviewed by SFM's Office)
- Signed Certificate of Completion
- All Project Architectural Systems Review Letter(s)
- Please have architect, fire alarm/sprinkler/hood suppression system company representative, owner or tenant of the facility on hand at time of inspection to insure a flow of information to the inspector.
- Be sure to have someone at the site the day of inspection; if possible. Although we try to arrive at the scheduled time, it is difficult to pinpoint the time needed to complete each inspection on the day's itinerary and delays are common. Should it be necessary to contact you to arrive at the site, please convey this message at time of scheduling.
- Should you need to change a scheduled inspection, do so through the OSFM-IMS as soon as possible. Be prepared to arrange an alternate inspection appointment.
Be Aware of Imposters!
All of our inspectors and employees carry their badge and identification. If anyone should approach you, not in the State Fire Marshal uniform and claiming to be a State Fire Marshal inspector or employee, you have the right to ask them to show you their badge and identification.
Click here to view the State Fire Marshal Inspector Uniforms
Remember, inspectors cannot accept checks, cash, or money orders for inspection or review fees. Any moneys due to this office are collected at the Baton Rouge office and a receipt is issued.
This page was last updated on
July 14, 2016